Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2000 15:39:44 -0700
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: politeness

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 02:56:19PM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:
> Sorry, but if anyone takes issue with something I write but is
> too cowardly to tell me so -- and ESPECIALLY if he or she attempts
> to lobby behind my back to have me censored -- he or she is out of
> line and should not be indulged.
>
> Likewise, so long as I do not see any such communications I can
> only take the assertion that they exist as unsubstantiated rumor.
> Especially since PHK appears to have a grudge against me (for
> what reason I am not certain, since I have seen him at most once
> and then across a room).

My procmail configuration is currently rather broken, and as a result, my
normal filters are not in place.  Thus, your email has reached me.

Brett, you are the only individual whose email I have *ever* filtered to
/dev/null.  *Ever*.  I have taken issue with a number of your emails in
public and in private, and in every case, you have turned a blind eye and
figured out various ways of contorting my email and interpreting it far
outside the realm that reality allows mere mortals.  Your ability to twist,
ignore, and misinterpret astounds me.

On a number of occasions, I've considered creating an annotated catalog of
the ways you have disgraced yourself (and FreeBSD by forced association) so
that I could refer others to it and hopefully lessen the damage you cause
to the FreeBSD community.  Normally, behavior such as yours wouldn't
concern me, but you have made a strong effort to portray yourself as a
voice that speaks for the FreeBSD community, and by doing so, you have
caused significant damage to that community.

In the end, I decided that the best course of action was to filter your
email to /dev/null with extreme prejudice, and on a number of occasions
I've advised others to do the same.  Brett, you have managed to be a
serious detriment to the FreeBSD community in my opinion, and in the
opinion of many others with whom I have discussed your actions.

There you have it, Brett, in no uncertain terms.  If history is any
indicator, you won't grasp how condemning this email is of your actions.

Jason