Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:30:46 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Where do I get the Win/TV code?

Hi,

---
> > Bear in mind that currently we  only support NTSC...
> > Basically, I am waiting for an european hacker to add support for PAL, etc..
> > so far I have not heard anyone volunteering for the task.
>
> I'll consider it if someone can point me at the relevant documentation.

start here:

http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/Bt848.html

There are 2 aspects to PAL, the brooktree stuff, and the tuner stuff.
links to the various datasheets are in the above site.  Note that the
brooktree databook is only available by mail (you can request it via
e-mail to their web site)

---
> Is it impractical for me to use it with 2.2?  I don't want to track
> current.

should work fine in 2.2

--
Steve Passe	| powered by