Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2012 07:30:20 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Brian Blencoe <blencoeb@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Brian

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:49:59 -0500, Brian Blencoe wrote:
> What security features, set freebsd above other operating systems?

First I'd suggest to read on generic UNIX system design
which can already be considered a security feature. FreeBSD
implements many other additional features.

Maybe you'll find those entries useful for investigation:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/security.html

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/faq/security.html

> What are some high lights that you have for IPv4 and IPv6 routing?

Again, the documentation should help you to find out what
you need to know:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/advanced-networking.html

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-routing.html

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-ipv6.html

> Why does freebsd handle the networking protocols differently than others,
> that makes it better?

I'm not sure what you mean by "better". FreeBSD's implementation
_differs_ from those of other systems. As FreeBSD is open source,
you can inspect all the inner workings to form your own opinion.
That should at least give you some inspiration on the "why".
FreeBSD's networking stack has proven to be reliable and efficient
over many years, and being "ready for the show" (especially in
regards of IPv6 features) prior to many other systems.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany