Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 07:57:47 -0400
From:      Mark Kerkstra <MKERKSTRA@wscs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec SCSI 1542

Just added an Adaptec SCSI to my freebsd 2.2.6. Port 1 is a Sharp
Optical disk and Port 2 is a CDrom. Everything checks out fine on the
Adapters Diagnostics. When I boot freebsd finds my board and devices
just fine (aha). When it scans for devices I get an invalid record code
or something like that it goes by very quickly on my Optical(sd0). My
Cdrom looks just fine(cd0). Mounting or Probing any of these devices
after that and they just time out. could you point me in th right
direction. Thanks mkerkstra@wscs.com