Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 1998 14:22:24 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.nanoteq.co.za>
To:        steve@visint.co.uk (Stephen Roome)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Overclocking a Pentium 120

> Yes, but will your IDE devices still work properly ? Will your ISA cards
> still function, will your PCI cards work properly? Will the memory
> timings now be too fast ? etc. etc.
>
> In short, is it really worth the risk when you could probably just buy a
> P233MMX for whatever money you could make in the time it takes to mess
> with the jumpers and then recover all your data when your hard disk
> blows up and the processor melts.

I've been running my 166MMX machine at 75Mhz and CPU at 187MHz for
the last month now and I did several "make world"s on the machine
to check it's stability.  It's my machine at work :) so its not
that easy just to ask for a 233MHz machine, so you try to squeeze
everything out of it that you can :)  Oh ... and all the
important data is on a server :)

Reinier