Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 20:05:45 -0400
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        Ian Clendaniel <clendaniel@conectiv.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reverse DNS lookup

>> merlin# nslookup 206.16.184.7
>> Server:  copland.udel.edu
>> Address:  128.175.xx.xx
>
>change your resolv.conf to look like:
>
>domain udel.edu
>nameserver 128.175.13.74
>nameserver 128.175.13.160

Ok, I changed my /etc/resolv.conf and I still get the same problems - ie:
nonexistent domain.  Since I can log into those two DNS machines and do an
nslookup both ways, that's what's leading me to believe something else is
wrong somewhere on my box.

I logged into three different machines - all supposedly capable DNS
servers.  They can't even resolve conectiv.com, let alone
jaguar.connectiv.com - what am I missing?

Thanks again,
John