Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 1998 19:53:20 +0200
From:      Tor Egge <Tor.Egge@idi.ntnu.no>
To:        jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Data corruption

> A strange thing happens on one of my drives. Reading _some_ files
> never returns the same data, without any error. Here is an exemple:

Probably bugs in the scsi disk firmware

I cannot reliable read files from any of my
<MICROP 2217-15MZ1001905 HQ30> disks unless I slow down the read
operation (dd if=file bs=32).

4GB Seagate Barracuds disks (ST15150N-0017) also have similar problems
if the DISC bit is cleared in the caching mode page.

- Tor Egge