Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 19:24:13 +0900
From:      Koyo Kumagai <SysAdmin@SysAdmins.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Security links

As I mentioned in this ML before, I'm a newbie to UNIX, and at home I
have a leased line with global IP addresses, running my own DNS, WWW,
FTP and mail servers on FreeBSD.

Since I don't have a firewall (or rather don't know how to set one up)
and most default services are active on all my UNIX servers, I'd like to
read up on security and try and implement them one by one. The obvious
starting point would be to close any services I _really_ don't need, but
not only that I'd like to know what kind of tools are out there to help
the so called hackers/crackers get into sites.

Please guide me to any links you may have regarding these topics. Many
thanks in advance.