Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:11:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        aLan Tait <aLan@fil.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Chat Only???

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, aLan Tait wrote:

> IRC TCP ports 6659-6670 and 7000

... and when I make a SOCKS proxy, ssh forwarding, ssh+ppp or some
such thing on one of those ports at work and get a (probably cheaper)
"chat-only" account, I'd thank you for the service.

If you really want to offer this (in my opinion, stupid) service
you'll need to provide proxy servers for ALL of those services
and only allow your clients to connect to your proxy machine.

--
- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -