Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 07:53:18 -0700
From:      "Alexis Georges" <floating_in_space_@hotmail.com>
To:        "Damian Gerow" <damian@sentex.net>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sympatico ADSL connection through a hub

thanks for helping damian..i did everything you gave me but it still doesn't
seem to work..
here is what i have after doing everything, and typing ifconfig

dc0: flags:88c3 <UP, BROADCAST, RUNNING, NOARP, SIMPLEX, MULICAST> mtu 1500
    inet6 fe80::2a0:ccff::fee1: 8be5%dc0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
    inet 10.0.1 netmask 0xfffffffc broadcast 10.0.0.3
    ether 00:a0:cc:e1:8be5
    media: Ethernet 10baseT/UTP
    status: active
tun0: flags=8051 <UP, POINTTOPOINT, RUNNING, MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    inet6 fe80:2a0:ccff:fee1: 8be5%tun0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x7
    opened by PID 54

thats all i get..shouldn't i have an IP address somewhere other than the
10.0.0.1..on windows i used to have 192.168.0.110(it will change since its
dynamic) , but it only shows the 10.0.0.1 one..on another computer in the
same home network, i got this info:

netmask = 255.255.255.0
default gateway = 192.168.0.1
DNS server = 198.235.216.114 and 207.236.176.12

to see if it had worked i tried pinging an address of another computer on
the network and it just froze at the first "ping <ADDRESS> blahblah 56"
(something like taht)..
what wrong?
thanks again

alexis