Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:59:20 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Nikolai Schupbach <nikolai@net24.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.mk: system too old

Nikolai Schupbach wrote:

> Thanks for the tip Kent!
>
> I didn't have Mk source installed, however I just modified the (date) value
> in the /var/db/port.mkversion to the minimum date value specified in
> BSDPORTMKVERSION variable in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.pork.mk macro file.

But that way you didn't upgrade your bsd.port.mk file, which is what
the message was telling you to do. It works now but you are using an
OLD version. If you have cvsup'ed stable, you will have the new make
file but it isn't installed until you do a "make world". Do a cvsup
and then do the "make install" that before you get into trouble with
building a current port.

Kent