Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:55:13 -0500
From:      "Corigan" <corigan@mindspring.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Napster + ipfw

Anybody had any luck getting napster to work behind a firewall?  I am
running the linux
0.9b on FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE.  I see in the nap.conf that there is this
option:
dataport=17787
so I was thinking on a deny all setup if you put in a few rules:

ipfw add 00100 allow tcp from any 17787 to any setup
ipfw add 00111 allow tcp from any to any 17787 setup
ipfw add 00112 allow udp from any 17787 to any
ipfw add 00113 allow udp from any to any 17787

it should work, not sure if it is udp or tcp, I assume tcp.  I still get an
error connecting
to the socket on bootup.  Anybody had any luck with this?  Some help would
be greatly
appreciate, thanks.

Matt Thomas