Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:39:19 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
Cc:        John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GTK filedialog crashes Firefox/Thunderbird

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Frank Staals wrote:

> Hmm I wondered if I should have added what WM I was running but I guess so:
> Running xfce-4.4.0 on xorg-7.2rc3.
>
> Fixed by recompiling all my ports seems a lot of work to fix something with
> GTK :S but well I'm planning on reinstalling FreeBSD not that long from now (
> want to switch disc setup ) hope that will fix the problem then. Allthough
> there ougth to be an better/more specific solution then just recompiling
> everything ....

After the recent gettext rebuild-everything episode (you've done that,
right?), I had a problem like I'd had before with GTK: slow xfce4.4
startup, slow Terminal startup.  Rebuilding GTK fixed it:

portupgrade -f gtk-2.10.11

It was already at that version, but it seems to depend on order.

Anyway, before you rebuild everything, try rebuilding just GTK.