Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:01:25 -0400
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        "'Ryan.Gamo@sce.com'" <Ryan.Gamo@sce.com>, "DINKEY,GENE (HP-Loveland,ex1)" <gene_dinkey@hp.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@sydney.worldwide.lemis.com>, "David A. Medeiros" <damzz@mediaone.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Offensive figures (wa: Why?)

I've been reading this thread and read many like this in the past.
I think the populace that is offended by the mascot is quite small. But, it
seems large in a small community users.

I don't see many people complaining about the Duke Blue-Devils, New Jersey
Devil, that Red-Devil food stuff. I'm sure these people exists but they are
the far minority.

Hell, if it wasn't for the mascot I would never have found FreeBSD. The
mascot intrigued me to find out more about the OS. Now I love it.

Roderick P. Person
Programmer/Analyst
Crystal Administrator
personrp@ccbh.com
(412)454-2616

		Education is not a substitute for Intelligence.
		- Dune: Chapterhouse