Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:27:38 +0100
From:      Cezary Morga <cm@therek.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.1 crashing on shutdown, halt etc.

Dnia =B6roda, 18 lutego 2009, Hendrik Bunke napisa=B3:
> --On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:15, Jeffrey Racine wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > My system is crashing when I log out (using gdm). I had posted to gnome
> > but was just advised to post to x11, posted to x11 and was told this is=
> > kernel bug. Many thanks for any all of your assistance. Backtrace is
> > provided below.
>
> I had similar problems (didn't do a backtrace though). Solution
> was updating to 7-stable and adding
>   dbus_enable=3D"YES"
>   hald_enable=3D"YES"
> to rc.conf. Updating might not be necessary, adding dbus and hald
> is absolutely.

My problem appeared after updating from 7.1-RELEASE to 7-STABLE with dbus a=
nd=20
hald already enabled.

=2D-=20
Pozdrawiam,
Cezary Morga
"Television enables you to be entertained in your home by people you wouldn=
't=20
have in your home." (David Frost)