Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:55:04 -0700
From:      Craig Leres <leres@freebsd.org>
To:        Stefan Blachmann <sblachmann@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mouse tilt wheel between 12.1 and 12.2

On 2020-10-29 13:42, Stefan Blachmann wrote:
> Just curious, does your xorg use evdev or libinput?

I think this is telling me evdev?

    [   601.523] (II) config/devd: EVDEV_SUPPORT is enabled, ignoring
device atkbd0

I do not find the string "libinput" in Xorg.0.log.

Ah, my x11-drivers/xorg-drivers options have EVDEV selected and LIBINPUT
unselected.

And I do see that I'm building x11-servers/xorg-server with DEVD when
UDEV and that the default for FreeBSD 11 is DEVD and 12/13 is UDEV. So
lemme try switching to UDEV.

> On Linux, such issues happen, too, as a consequence of switching to
> from traditional evdev to wayland-compatible libinput.
> If you do not care about Wayland, just avoid libinput (blacklist if
> possible) and all is fine.
I'm sure there are good reasons for all of the changes under the hood
but it sure is frustrating when regaining lost desktop features is so
time consuming...

		Craig