Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 01:17:53 -0400
From:      Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mpg123 core dumps out of cron

Thought it would be nifty to have my system play a tune to wake
me up in the morning. When I try to run mpg123 out of cron the
program complains about "exec: esd: not found" and the core dumps.

Any idea of how to fix this? I can run the file listed below just fine
from the shell but not out of cron or by using at.

--Jim

High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2 and 3.
Version 0.59r (1999/Jun/15). Written and copyrights by Michael Hipp.
Uses code from various people. See 'README' for more!
THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
exec: esd: not found
exec: esd: not found

Directory: /max/mp3/bush/sixteen_stone/
Playing MPEG stream from track01.mp3 ...
/home/jim/bin/wakeup_music.sh: line 2: 37856 Segmentation fault
(core dumped) /usr/local/bin/mpg123
/max/mp3/bush/sixteen_stone/track01.mp3