Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 07:10:46 +1100 (Australia/NSW)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG (Robert Watson)
Cc:        dr@kyx.net (Dragos Ruiu), cjclark@alum.mit.edu, cjclark@reflexnet.net (Crist J . Clark), billf@chimesnet.com (Bill Fumerola), list@rachinsky.de (Nicolas), freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw and fragments

In some mail from Robert Watson, sie said:
[...]
> > Does the same behaviour apply to ipf?
>
> Darren Reed will be able to best answer this question, and presumably will
> do so.

Damn I'd been not reading this thread at all until your email, Robert :-)

What does IP Filter do with fragments ?

That a packet is a fragment is a filterable atttribute.

You can also tell it to remember "state information" triggered by the
fragment with offset == 0.

It never reassembles and doesn't hold them in a buffer until they're
all received either.

Darren