Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:19:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jamie <jamie@gnulife.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with Sendmail installation on FBSD 4.8REL

   I've installed Sendmail 8.12.9 on 4.8 RELEASE with sasl library support
from the ports collection. The install put the binary in
/usr/sbin/sendmail. It didn't update /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail.

   So, when I started sendmail, sasl support worked fine, but when I ran
any commands which are links to /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail such as
hoststat, it complained that sasl was not supported.

   To fix this, I just copied /usr/sbin/sendmail to
/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail and everything seems fine.

   Is there something wrong with the port, or did I flub something up
during the install? Is my workaround okay, or is my fix going to create
problems elsewhere?

   Thanks,
   - Jamie

"A friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself."