Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:43:35 -0800
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   syslog.conf and isc-dhcp3rc4

I set up a dhcp server on FBSD 4.4-RELEASE using isc-dhcp3rc4.  All
appears to be working well except that I can't seem to get any
logging.  I have uncommented the following line in the dhcpd.conf
file:

# Use this to send dhcp log messages to a different log file (you also
# have to hack syslog.conf to complete the redirection).
log-facility local7;

Then I added this line to my syslog.conf file:

# Added to log dhcpd data to separate log file
local7.debug                                    /var/log/dhcpd.log

Next I created /var/log/dhcpd.log:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  0 Dec 20 15:51 /var/log/dhcpd.log

Finally I restarted syslogd with a 'kill -1' to get it to re-read it's
conf file.  But I still do not get any logging.

I have also tried the syslog.conf with this line but it didn't work
either:

!dhcpd
*.*                                           /var/log/dhcpd.log

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Drew