Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 1997 03:31:21 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Doug Russell <drussell@internode.net>
Cc:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall REALLY needs a "reset FTP state" option, or something

> While we are talking about the install program, I have found another little
> bug.  (Oh, and I still haven't tried to upgrade to 2.2-ALPHA to test that
> happens.  If I select an FTP install for my bin, XFree, etc. etc. (basic
> system) from my server machine, things install correctly.  I get to the
> final config menu, and try to install a package which doesn't exist on my
> server, so I switch to, say ftp.freebsd.org on the media menu.  When I try
> to install the package, it still tries to get it from my local server.  The

This should be fixed now.  The codepath from FTP site selection to
using the FTP library was somewhat... twisty... and I think I've
unknotted it somewhat now.

> I also had a problem installing a package from the Networking menu on the
> final config/options menu.  I inadvertantly tried to get Apache from my
> local server (which did not yet have the file at the time), before I
> switched ftp servers to ftp.freebsd.org.  (the networking menu does seem to

I can't reproduce this one - I can pop in and out of the packages menu
quite a bit now without ill effect, but then I just improved some of
the underlying code by a fair bit, so anything's possible.

[In case it's not obvious by the commits, I'm on a sysinstall bug-bashing
 marathon, so keep those cards and letters coming, folks! ;-)]

						Jordan