Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:44:31 -0500
From:      "Tom Simpson, CNE5, MCNE, MCSE" <toms@chirock.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NetWare Client Ports

Any plans to do a NetWare Clients Port in the near future.

E.g., take a look at:

1) the ncpfs and

2) the ipxutils

packages for LINUX.

Together, these give good client connectivity (even NDS connectivity)
from any LINUX box to 3.X, 4.X, and 5.X NW Servers (I run RH 6.2 on my
LINUX box, so my packages are *.RPMs.).

Unfortunately, I don't have the skils to do this, and don't have time to
learn them, or I would at least get the thing started.

Anyway . . . . . thanks.??

Tom Simpson, CNE, MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Omaha, NE
Internet:toms@chirock.com

P.S.  I think I will try these client RPMs out (LINUX compatability) on
my FreeBSD 4.1 box anyway.  If they work, I will let you know.

P.P.S. Also, the MARs NW Server LINUX package may be a start for your
NW Server project, but I think the current version only equates to
NW 3.11; it needs to be raised to at least 3.12, and even better 3.2.
(I could get along with it as a BINDERY SERVER, so long as somebody at
least got it to 3.12, and again, better yet 3.2.  (Because this is only
at 3.11, I WILL NOT be trying it on my FreeBSD 4.1 box.)