Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:24:01 -0500
From:      thrdina@ibm.net
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Aaron Parmelee" <trout@net66.com>
Subject:   Re: getting ppp going

Hi,

I installed PPP on my laptop today and it worked at first try. here's what i
did:

1. read the instructions in the handbook
2. got ppp setup instructions from my isp

i start ppp by typing PPP which returns the following:

PPP on laptop01>
then I type dial and off she goes reading the entries in the "default:"
section of my ppp.conf file

i added two entries to the ppp.linkup file (ntpdate & e-mail retrieval) and
this works fine too.

I using freebsd 2.2.8 on a toshiba satellite T2100ct laptop.

good luck!