Date:      Sun, 27 May 2012 01:55:10 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   switch tounconditionnal boostrapping while to build the tree

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1

Hi

After I replace yacc(1) by byacc(1) on current, we discovered than now it is
impossible to build 9 on current, because byacc(1) is not 100% backward
compatible with our yacc(1). this is because building a boostrap yacc(1) is
conditionned on the version of the host that is building world.

Looking at Makefile.inc1 I can see that lots of tools are conditionned like
this. I think if we want to go to be able to cross build the tree (I rememb=
er
=66rom EuroBSDcon that this is something we want to do) then we need to rem=
ove the
conditions and always boostrap any tool necessary to be able to build the t=
ree.

so if no one care I'll remove the condition to boostrap at least yacc(1) and
lex(1) on current, 9, 8 and 7.

Would be great imho to do the same for any tools needed by the build system.

regards,
Bapt

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1--