Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 1995 02:55:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        jc@irbs.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1 update

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> It seems that -Vince- said:
> > 	I know what you mean but what does the > and < and other stuff
> > mean from the diff output?
>
> the "<" means these lines  are from the first  file and  the ">" that  they
> come from the second.
>
> Anyway,  what you want  is either "diff -u"  or "diff -c"  output. Both are
> easier to read. Unified diffs ("-u") are smaller. You  will see easily what
> has changed and what was added/removed.
>
> "-c" will give you lines preceded by "+"/"-" for  added removed and "!" for
> changed lines in separate area for both files.
>
> "-u" will  give you only  "+"/"-" but there is  only one area displayed (so
> they are smaller).

	Oh okay, Thanks for the detailed information! =)

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan Fan Club Mailiing Lists Admin