Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 19:44:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <joup@bigfoot.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   getting on this list

Hi folks,

I'm not sure this is the place to be doing this, but I haven't gotten any
several weeks now.  I've subscribed, authenticated, and been deferred
several times over.  I once received word that the authentication was
successful, but most of the time I get the following message and hear
nothing more.  I've written to freebsd-questions-approval hoping for some
help, but no avail.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do?  I have successfully gotten on other
FreeBSD lists without problems, but this one continues to elude me.

I should also note that I'm trying to subscribe an address that is
forwarded to my real address, rather than my real address itself.  I can
understand that this might be the problem, but the same scheme is working
successfully on the -hackers-digest list.

Thanks,
Mark Miller

>>>    auth 96b4c918 subscribe freebsd-questions joup@bigfoot.com
Your request to Majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG:

        subscribe freebsd-questions joup@bigfoot.com

has been forwarded to the owner of the "freebsd-questions" list for
approval.
This could be for any of several reasons:

    You might have asked to subscribe to a "closed" list, where all new
        additions must be approved by the list owner.

    You might have asked to subscribe or unsubscribe an address other than
        the one that appears in the headers of your mail message.

When the list owner approves your request, you will be notified.

If you have any questions about the policy of the list owner, please
contact "freebsd-questions-approval@FreeBSD.ORG".

Thanks!