Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2000 08:35:35 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wavelan card driver (wi) not even trying

Do I understand that you are using the wireless card in a bridge
carrier on a desktop? If so, do you know which chip the bridge is
using?

There are known problems with the new TI controller chip. I know
Warner Losh just received a loaner card that uses the new chip in
hopes of a quick fix for the problems. I'll have to be honest in that
I have no personal interest in this at this time, so I may not have
the details correct.

You will probably have better luck getting good information on this
from freebsd-mobile. That's where the folks who maintain pccard
support live. (Yes, I know that these cards are sometimes used in
desktops, but the drivers were written by those who wanted to use them
in laptops.)

FWIW, my WaveLAN works great in my ThinkPad 600E.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)