Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 14:25:47 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI LS-120 driver for 3.0-971208-SNAP

> On 23 Dec 1997, HAMADA Naoki wrote:
>
> : The LS-120 drive never support slices, because it is only a floppy
> : drive. So supporting slices on the LS-120 drive makes no sense nether
> : you use MS Windows et al. nor FreeBSD.
>
> Is this ATAPI limitation?

No.  As I stated in my original posting, it is a limitation of the
'wfd' (ATAPI removable) driver.  It looks like it'll be fixed soon.

>  Do the parallel/ATAPI zip drives support
> slices?

The parallel Zip is a SCSI unit, and is handled by the 'sd' driver.
The ATAPI Zip is a slightly strange animal, but it looks as though it
*should* work with the 'wfd' driver, modulo a few changes.  To use Zip
disks from other drives, one of these changes has to be support for
slices.

mike
--
\\ Sometimes you're ahead,                  \\ Mike Smith
\\ sometimes you're behind.                 \\ mike@smith.net.au