Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:52:49 -0800
From:      "Matthew Bullock" <mbullock@5square.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   daily cron messages

FreeBSD secure.venturanetworks.com 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #0:
Sun May  8 10:21:06 UTC 2005
root@harlow.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I ran portupgrade -a to update all my packages a couple weeks ago, and
since then I stopped receiving daily emails from the built-in cron jobs.
There is no mail in root's mailbox and no mail sitting in the queue.
/var/log/maillog doesnt show any messages trying to be sent.  Is there a
setting somewhere I can check that controls those daily emails?

I've checked here
/etc/defaults/periodic.conf:

daily_output=3D"root"

Matt