Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 1995 21:40:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ain.charm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PPP Setup, Tunnel Drivers and the rest

I'm having a problem running/setting up PPP on this system, when slip
works perfectly. Whenever I try to run the PPP process, ppp returns "no
tunnel device available. open_tun: no such file or directory". The kernel
has been compiled with support for 5 ppp and 5 tunnel drivers.

What am I doing wrong? the PPP faq gives them impression that just run
ppp, set a few options and boom, I'm about 6 steps in front of the "boom"
and can't get past the "run ppp" part.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks a million,

-Jerry.