Date:      Sun, 04 Aug 2002 10:36:38 -0700
From:      Gregory Carvalho <GregoryC@stcinc.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   OpenOffice Application Font Dilemma

On FreeBSD 4.6 Release, I have a box with XFree86 4.2, KDE 3.0, and
OpenOffice 1.0. The font in the Menu Bar, tool tips, dialog boxes, etc
are using a serif font similar to Times. I've seen screenshots of
OpenOffice on the OpenOffice.org site which demonstrate the program with
a sans-serif font such as Helvetica.

I am curious if anyone else has observed this behavior, and how you
corrected it - changed the font to a more attractive sans-serif font.

I attempted to use gnome-panel-properties-capplet to set a user font,
but OpenOffice ignored the directive.

TIA,
Greg