Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:44:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ps on 4.0-current

<<On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:21:17 -0500 (EST), Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org> said:

> The painful thing is getting ACLs into the underlying storage mechanism,
> not writing kernel ACL support -- I've finished the framework in the
> kernel, libraries, some userland utilities, and even default evaluation
> routines for file systems to call.  I just don't want to screw around with
> FFS storage and soft updates :-).

I think it would be a Great Thing if this were incorporated into
-current before the feature freeze (which is coming up RSN).  Even if
it's not implemented in any file systems yet, it would be good to get
the API fixed and out in public so that people can write their
software to it.  It might also be the motivating factor to actually
getting a filesystem hacker to work on that side of things.

-GAWollman