Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 2009 00:47:31 +0100
From:      "Ronald Klop" <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
To:        "Robert Noland" <rnoland@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Radeon r6/7xx support merged to -STABLE

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:49:12 +0100, Robert Noland <rnoland@freebsd.org>
wrote:

> I went ahead and merged the Radeon R6/7xx code to -STABLE a while ago.
>
> The current xorg drivers will not enable it by default on R600+ chips.
> You will need to be using xf86-video-ati-6.12.0,
> xf86-video-radeonhd-devel or possibly even better git master of either.
>
> You will need to add the following to the Device section of your
> xorg.conf to enable it.  If you are experiencing issues, commenting
> these two options out, will prevent Xorg from auto-loading the kernel
> module.
>
> Options "DRI"
> Options "AccelMethod" "EXA"
>
> robert.

Thanks. I currently have EXA accel on my system with
xf86-video-ati-6.12.0, which makes KDE 4 a lot better already.

drm0: <Radeon HD 2400 XT> on vgapci0
vgapci0: child drm0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.29.0 20080528
info: [drm] Setting GART location based on new memory map
info: [drm] Loading RV610 CP Microcode
info: [drm] Loading RV610 PFP Microcode
info: [drm] Resetting GPU
info: [drm] writeback test succeeded in 1 usecs
drm0: [ITHREAD]

Cheers,

Ronald.