Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:28:06 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Peter Jamrisko <jamrisko@post.cz>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mail server

Hi!

> I need help (how to) to install MAIL SERVER:
>
> 1. On this network without connection to Internet (only in local
> network),
>
> 2. and than on the same network connected to Internet via FreeBSD
> server (which included Mail Server, Firewall, Router...).

This is not the answer to all your questions, but just a suggestion. If
you're just starting out with mail serving, you might consider some
alternatives to Sendmail that are easier to set up. I'm not suggesting
anyting specific <*grin*> so as not to start a flamewar, but I'm using
Postfix myself and find it very easy. The basic configuration is just
one text file which contains lot of helpful comments about all the
options you can set.

Postfix can be installed from ports (/usr/ports/mail/postfix) and it
can replace existing Sendmail on FreeBSD without breaking anything that
depends on Sendmail.

More informaion can certainly be found on www.postfix.org

--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.