Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 20:20:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Yamaha sound card

Does anyone have experience with soundcards based on the Yamaha
chipset ? According to the docs on the yamaha site

    http://www.yamahayst.com/opl3sa0.htm

they have an integrated SB and WSS compatible codec. I have seen
these cards quite cheap here (comparable to OPTI and Crystal devices)
and so I was curious if they are available elsewhere and if it is
worthwhile try to support them as well (as a rule, I would not bother
with cards which have a very limited availability, unless the
porting effort is minimal. But in this case the port seems to be
simple, and the card might be quite widespread even if they don't seem
to have a  data sheet online).

If anyone with such a card can try it with my sound driver, or send me
the output of pnpinfo, I would be grateful.

	Cheers
	Luigi