Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:53:27 +0200
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing broken drivers in sys/dev/sound/pci

Joel Dahl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing with a bunch of old sound cards I had lying around and I've
> come to the conlusion that maybe it's time to remove a few old drivers we
> currently have in the tree.
>
> - snd_aureal
>
> This driver wasn't really finished when it was committed back in 1999 and it's
> still incomplete. No playback and it doesn't even have a manual page. There's
> audio/aureal-kmod in ports which probably works better for this card...

I thought the remnants were cleared with
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/124343 The leftover is
not even connected to the build and can be safely removed.

I even can't test it - I only have pcm0: <Aureal Vortex 8830> port
0xd000-0xd007,0xd400-0xd407 mem 0xeb000000-0xeb03ffff irq 22 at de
vice 12.0 on pci0

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.