Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 1995 15:03:33 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current kernel is *very* unusable

[ -current kernel ]

> > I'm getting complete hangs, reboots with no core dumps, and I can't even
> > get into DDB.
>
> Nate, I had trouble also, but the last 3 ctm updates had a load of kernel
> fixes, and that stopped the panics.  Can I suggest you make sure you're
> *very* current?  Maybe that won't help, but it sure did on my systems.

The system is running code that is now 24 hours out of date, but I'll be
updating it to the most recent code as soon as I can get a kernel to
last long enough to allow me to update the kernel code.

However, I haven't seen anything in the commits regarding fixes in the
last 24 hours or so.  All of the changes seemed to be prototype fixes
and Linux compatability fixes.

> BTW, that includes a boatload of fixes changing lkms and ps and the like,
> so your libs and ps etc. have to be as current as your kernel.

Of course.

Nate