Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 08:51:45 +0200
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        hackers list <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Subject:   Re: Native Applixware for FreeBSD -- When?

Hi,

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 07:59:49PM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> On Mon, 10 May 1999, Brian Handy wrote:
> That's a good idea.  Folks who walk around bad-mouthing anything that is
> sold for money, well, that's a blind prejudice, and about as accurate as
> most blind prejudices.
I have to second this.

> tools, but there is NOT one single free wp in the useability range of
> applixware or WordPerfect.
I really would like to have something like Applixware native
for FreeBSD.
For now I would have _easily_ two companies at hand that would
switch their desktops to FreeBSD for stability sake.

> Mike's right about Applixware being huge, that's one strong reason I
> went with WordPerfect, because applixware (the Linux version) nearly
> eats up a disk all by itself it's so huge.
My (default) Applixware installation eats 268 MBytes (including more
than 35 MBytes of cliparts) of diskspace; considering that the
IBM 10 GB EIDE-disks are ca. 150 Euro thats the equivalent value
of ca. 4 Euro (less than 5 Bucks) of diskspace.

Andreas

--
: Anti-Spam Petition:     http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        :
: PGP-Key:                http://www.tse-online.de/~ab/public-key    :