Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 98 09:38:20 +0200
From:      THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr
To:        djv@bedford.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jeremy@archaeopteryx.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Re: Probing devices, please wait.. (?)

Hello,

I've had problems with 2.2.6-Release and Atapi devices (actually an
Iomega Zip and an IDE CD-ROM) ; I had to copy the bin and src.sys
distribs to the hard drive (from Win$$) and then install from the DOS
partition (the atapi.c and atapi.h from the 2.2.6-R are to be upgraded)

I've already posted a message on the same subject (the search page on
www.freebsd.org is your friend)

	TfH

> Jeremy Johnson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Installation question..
> >
> > I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.6 (from the Walnut Creek CD-ROM) on
> > Dell PC (Pentium II/400Mhx/64Mb with standard 6GB IDE HD and ATAPI
CD-ROM