Date:      Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:29:50 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Jason Hellenthal <jhell@DataIX.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cron(8) mis-feature with @reboot long after system startup

Am 25.11.2011 um 08:02 schrieb Jason Hellenthal:

> When using @reboot with cron you expect your proccesses to always =
start when the system boots up and only when the system boots. But long =
after the system in question had been booted, my @reboot processes ran =
again! after a (/etc/rc.d/cron restart). This is normally fine and dandy =
until one of your @reboot jobs needs to contain a process that purges =
files "files that are already in use by a running daemon since the =
system has not rebooted" and becomes hazardous.
>=20
> So with that said... is there a way we could actually make this run =
@reboot only ?

I didn't even know cron had this feature.  Why wouldn't you add custom =
rc.d scripts for these tasks, or add the commands to rc.local?

Stefan

--=20
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811