Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 17:16:14 +0100 (BST)
From:      Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   established sppp connection confused by incoming call

I use sppp on one channel to maintain a connection to my ISP. This works
fine until I receive an incoming call, at which point the sppp connection
stops sending or receiving packets, but remains in the 'network' state.

I'm using BT Home Highway (so we only get to see calls to the 'ISDN'
number), and a BT Speedway PCI (which is to most of you an AVM Fritz card)
on NetBSD with i4b 0.90.

I had to patch i4b to fix the problem of leaking mbufs after voice hangup.

I have an 'answerphone' script, which uses dtmfdecode to receive commands
to play mp3s, put the machine online etc.

When a call comes in, the answerphone script picks up, everything works
fine, call clears normally. However, this leaves the sppp connection
confused. I *think* this happens at the beginning of the incoming call.

This is obviously quite irritating, not least because I get occasional
wrong numbers on that line, thanks to BT reallocating numbers too quickly.

Has anybody experienced or heard of similar problems, or does anybody have
any idea where to look to further diagnose this problem?

I don't really want to have to disable the answerphone script, as I use it
on a regular basis to put the machine online so that I can log in to it.

Thanks for your time, and I hope you have at least some idea of the
problem here. ;-)

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget