Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 00:11:05 -0500
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@usrlib.org>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@LUCIDA.CA>
Cc:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@usrlib.org>, FreeBSD-STABLE <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4.1 appears to be broken

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 01:03:33AM -0400, Matt Heckaman wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Andrew Hesford wrote:
> : Even when it asks you to build fonts, it says you should only build
> : them once. You will have fonts from earlier versions of XFree86.
>
> Wouldn't a pkg_delete of the old XFree86 delete the installed fonts
> though? They *are* in the pkg-plist file, so I assume they would be
> deleted. I'd rather not have to blow over the install of 4.0.3...
>
> PS: I have this problem too :)

Yes, they will be removed if you pkg_delete. The solution is simple:

	cp -pr /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts /tmp
	pkg_delete XFree86-4.0.3
	cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4 && make install clean
	cp -pr /tmp/fonts /usr/X11R6/lib/X11

You will get errors about missing files if you try to uninstall
XFree86-4.1.0, but everything still works.

--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@usrlib.org