Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 13:12:08 +0200
From:      Andras Olah <olah@cs.utwente.nl>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Programs using kmem always dump core

Programs that use kvm (e.g. ifconfig, savecore, kvm_mkdb at bootup,
but also netstat or ps) dump core on my current machine.  I've
supped the sources at Wed Apr 19 05:01:02 1995 (reported by sup -t)
and did a 'make world -DCLOBBER', so I expect everything on the
system to be up to date.  Checking some of the core dumps shows that
the problem is always in an strcmp call.  Does anybody have a clue
on what's going wrong.  (I can supply more details if needed.)

Andras

(gdb) run -aux
Starting program: /usr/src/bin/ps/obj/ps -aux
USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TT  STAT STARTED       TIME COMMAND

0xe106 in strcmp ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xe106 in strcmp ()
#1  0x6d40 in __fdnlist ()