Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:53:38 +0300
From:      "Radoslav Vasilev" <RVasilev@lirex.bg>
To:        <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD SMP on 4.x + usage  monitoring

Hi all,

Very important to me is are we able to monitor or, at a minum, to be =
sure, thread-enabled application is using more than just a single CPU. =
For example:

1) I compiled linuxthreads from ports direcotory.
2) I compiled Mysql 4.0.18 Server, with linuxthreads , again from ports =
collection
3) SMP enabled kernel

What I observe, with ``top -I`` is mysqld using just one CPU, during a =
single bulky, SQL query.

My questions are:
1) Is top the proper way of cpu usage monitoring
2) are there any other tool for real time monitoring for SMP

Thanks in advance..

---