Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 20:30:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        aa8vb@ipass.net (Randall Hopper)
Cc:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, roger@cs.strath.ac.uk, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fxtv 1.00 - up for grabs

As Randall Hopper wrote ...
> Jordan K. Hubbard:
>  |Hmmm, doesn't build for me on 3.2-stable
>  |tvcapture.c: In function `TVCAPTUREGetTunerFreqSetName':
>  |tvcapture.c:689: `CHNLSET_AUSTRALIA' undeclared (first use this function)
>  |tvcapture.c:689: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>  |tvcapture.c:689: for each function it appears in.)
>  |gmake: *** [tvcapture.o] Error 1
>  |Any ideas?
>
> Hmmm.  AUSTRALIA is in Roger's 7/2/99 driver release (not even his latest).
> I assumed -stable wouldn't be 2 months behind his latest, and I guess I
> shouldn't have.
>
> With -stable's kernel frozen, sounds like a patch to -stable's port is the
> best route (attached).  Roger, could you add this in when you check in the
> port?

Patch solves the build failure on my 3.2-STABLE (eh, now 3.3-RC ).

But I have another very annoying problem: the picture is for 80% shifted
outside the window (to the left). As this is a Matrox Millenium II (PCI)
8Mb display I think it is a known issue. But isn't there any 'instant fix'
or maybe an autodetect of which display is used possible?

Fxtv 0.48 had a patch available to fix this, which worked fine for me.

  Width: 1280
  Height: 1024
  Depth: 24
  Visual Class: TrueColor
x11perf - X11 performance program, version 1.5
The XFree86 Project, Inc server version 334 on :0.0

Thanks,

Wilko