Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:43:20 -0500
From:      Randy Pratt <bsd-unix@earthlink.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   multimedia/libquicktime missing lqt_ffmpeg.*

I was building a set of packages and noticed that libquicktime would
fail to build a package if multimedia/ffmpeg was installed instead
of multimedia/ffmpeg-devel.

The libquicktime-0.9.9 would build and install with ffmpeg but
apparently it did not build:

	lib/libquicktime/lqt_ffmpeg.la
	lib/libquicktime/lqt_ffmpeg.so

since the package build failed with:

  --->  Backing up the old version
  tar: lib/libquicktime/lqt_ffmpeg.la: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
  tar: lib/libquicktime/lqt_ffmpeg.so: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
  pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256

I switched from the old multimedia/ffmpeg to multimedia/ffmpeg-devel:

  portupgrade -fo multimedia/ffmpeg-devel multimedia/ffmpeg

The libquicktime package built fine using ffmpeg-devel.  I checked
another box and the same situation of missing lqt_ffmpeg.* existed
since it also used the old multimedia/ffmpeg.  Perhaps this is
something local that causes the missing files.

Can anyone else confirm missing /usr/local/lib/libquicktime/lqt_ffmpeg.*
files when using multimedia/ffmpeg as a dependency for libquicktime?

System: FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE
Ports: Updated 7 Dec, 2006

Randy