Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:12:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        cfortin@ec.camitel.com (Christian Fortin)
Cc:        FREEBSD-MULTIMEDIA@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is the best sound card for FBSD ?

> If I type the mixer command, i can see that:
>

> merlin:/usr/ports/mbone/speak_freely<-' mixer
> Mixer synth    is currently set to  75:75
> Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
> Mixer speaker  is currently set to  75:75
> Mixer line     is currently set to  32:32
> Mixer mic      is currently set to  64:64
> Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
> Mixer mix      is currently set to   0:0
> Mixer igain    is currently set to  75:75
> merlin:/usr/ports/mbone/speak_freely<-'
>

> is it confirme what you say ? The "vol" option is not returne
> by the command mixer.

some cards do not have a master volume control (at least, not in the
standard MSS registers); the cs4237 is one of those (it has a master
volume control in some extended registers, which I do not support yet).
Since you have separate controls on any channel this is not much of a
problem anyways.

	Luigi