Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:32:49 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        Yar Tikhiy <yar@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vlan(4) manpage

On 2001-Jul-25 07:20:42 +0400, Yar Tikhiy <yar@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
>It seems we don't have the vlan(4) manpage yet.

Good point.  Thanks for writing one.

>.Sh BUGS
>Most ethernet NICs supported by FreeBSD lack the capability of
>transmitting and/or receiving oversized frames. Using such a NIC as a
>parent interface for
>.Nm
>implies reduced MTU on the corresponding
        ^ a
>.Nm
>interfaces.

It would be useful to list those NICs that can handle oversized
frames.  I'm aware of Intel 82559 (fxp), TI ThunderLAN aka Compaq
Netelligent (tl), SMC EtherPower II aka SMC9432TX (tx) and later
3Com 3C905's (xl).  (Not all of these drivers have the necessary
hooks in standard -CURRENT and I don't think oversized frames are
supported by kld's as standard).

Peter