Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:57:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tomato Ketchup <cap_vert@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem when installing X packages from FreeBsd 3.0 Walnut Cdrom

Hello!

I have bought the FreeBsd 3.0 Walnut cdrom, and the following problem
appears:

When trying to install a window manager package included in the walnut
cdrom package, the system says it can't find the xfree3.3.2 package on
the cdrom which should also have to be installed. I didn't find the
XFree3.3.2 package on the cdrom neither on the freebsd site.  Does
this package exist? Of course I have installed the XFree86
distribution set from the cdrom (including sources, fonts, etc...),
configuring Xfree86 (mouse, video card etc..) and I can use Xinit with
the default window manager quite well. But no way to install any
Xpackage due to this message!

I try then to install my window manager package with the '-f' option
wich force package creation without looking at other package
dependencies, but then when trying to start my Window client, the
system says it can't find some specific Xlibrairies....

Have anyone already heard about this problem? what can I do if I want
to install a window manager with the current freebsd3.0 walnut cd rom?
(note: I had the 2.2.6 freebsd Walnut cdrom, and this problem never
appears with
this version).

Thanks for your help!

(email: cap_vert@yahoo.com)