Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 16:00:23 -0700
From:      Thomas Pfenning <thomaspf@microsoft.com>
To:        "'Brian T. Schellenberger - Personal Account'" <babbleon@mercury.interpath.com>, "'freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Working PCMCIA/CD-ROM/Modem/ethernet?

Hi,

I have made a good experience with the IBM Credit Card Adapter Ethernet
II. The good thing about this card is that it is actually supported with
a standalone driver ze0 on the boot disk. The driver is somewhat slow
but you only need it for bootstrapping. Once you have FreeBSD installed
and configure the PCCARD drivers it works very nicely with the ed driver
which is rock solid and supports multicast. Performance on my laptop is
around 800KB/s which is not bad for a PCcard.

For pccard suport have a look at
http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa/PAO/.

In case that matters for you, it also works out of the box with WinNT4.0
and Win95:-)